Terms & Conditions
The Dayoff application is a dating app that connects people through their current statuses. Dayoff is available from the Apple App Store, and is published by Alex Vallejo in Boston, Massachusetts.
In order to use the Dayoff App you must (i) be 18 years old or older; (ii) have an eligible and active Facebook account; (iii) have only one Dayoff account (which must be in your real name); (iv) not have had a previous Dayoff account terminated, and (v) not have been convicted of or currently be charged with any offense (or are subject to any court order, police investigation, formal caution or similar) specifically relating to fraud, assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
We are not obliged to verify a user’s identity or age but if we consider that false information has been submitted, or in the event of a third party complaint, we may investigate a user’s account, and may suspend or terminate that account at our discretion.
The Dayoff App requires you to login via an individual Facebook account and uses the Facebook Login SDK to handle the Dayoff account registration. The Dayoff App also requests permission to access the Facebook account’s registered birthday, along with the default gender and display name which assists with your Dayoff profile setup. The Dayoff App abides by the Facebook Platform Policy in accordance with its community guideline standards.
The Dayoff App is for your own, personal use only. You are not permitted to use it for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any unauthorised or illegal purpose. You must also comply at all times with all applicable US laws and with any applicable international laws in your country of residence (together, “Applicable Laws”).
In addition, but without limitation, when using the Dayoff App, you agree not to:
(a) use the Dayoff App in a way which encourages illegal activity or is unlawful in any way;
(b) modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Dayoff App any software used on or for the Dayoff App, or cause others to do so, save to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms or by law; or
(c) try to gain unauthorised access to the Dayoff App or any servers, networks or computer systems connected to the Dayoff App.
You agree to indemnify Us in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which We suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Dayoff App otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Laws.
4. Term and Termination: We may terminate or suspend your account at any time without notice if we believe that you have breached these Terms, or for any other reason, in our sole discretion, and we shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if we choose to do so.
5. Content: You own all of the content and personal information you provide to us or post via the Dayoff App (including text messages, chat, videos, photographs, or profile text, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted), but you also grant us, our affiliates, licensees and successors an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, worldwide right and license to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, the content and information.
You agree to only provide information and content that: you have the right to share, does not infringe the rights of any third party, does not violate Applicable Laws, is not pornographic or which violates modesty and human dignity, and is not defamatory, insulting or of a racial or discriminatory nature. You also represent and warrant that your Dayoff profile will be accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or false.
You understand and agree that we may (but are not obliged to), review or monitor any content you post via the Dayoff App. We may delete all or part of any offending content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or may harm our reputation.
6. Safety: The Dayoff App provides a platform for users who wish to arrange “real-life” meet-ups, which are arranged by you independently of Us. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. You understand that we do not conduct criminal background checks or screenings on our users, nor do we verify the identity of users or the statements made by them; therefore, you should always exercise caution and carry out your own validation before meeting someone in person, or passing on your contact details to them. We make no representations of warranties as to the compatibility of users, nor for their conduct, and do not take any responsibility for the conduct of any user or person you meet through using the Dayoff App. We strongly advise, for safety reasons, to organise these meet-ups in busy public places.
7. Account Security: You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your username and password. You agree to immediately notify Us of any disclosure or unauthorised use of your username or password or any other breach of security at email@example.com.
9. Third Party Website: The Dayoff App may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites“). Notwithstanding any affiliate programmes via which we may monetise some of these links, we do not have any influence or control over any such Third Party Websites and, unless otherwise stated, we do not endorse, nor are we responsible for any Third Party Websites or their contents.
10. Third party advertising: We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Dayoff App. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Dayoff App, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
11. Disclaimer: Use of the Dayoff App is at your own risk. We provide the service on an “as is” basis and we do not warrant or represent that the service will be uninterrupted or error free, secure, will achieve particular results or that any defects or errors will be corrected. In addition, we accept no responsibility for any problems or technical failure of the Dayoff App or the internet or for any damage or injury to users or their equipment as a result of or relating to their use of the Dayoff App.
You acknowledge and agree that we, our affiliates and third party partners shall have no liability in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Dayoff App, for any: (i) special, indirect or consequential loss; (ii) loss of profits; or (iii) loss of goodwill or reputation.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Us concerning your use of the Dayoff App.
We may update these Terms from time to time. If we do so, the updated version will be effective immediately, and the current Terms are available through a link in the Dayoff App to this page. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them and you will be bound by the new policy upon your continued use of the Dayoff App. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on our behalf.
If any of these Terms is held by any court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or part under any Applicable Laws, such term (or part thereof, as applicable) will, to the extent it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from the Terms Contract and will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
No failure or delay by us to exercise any right or remedy will be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms by you will be considered as a waiver of a preceding or subsequent breach.
You can contact the Dayoff team at firstname.lastname@example.org.